Would you like to learn a brand new theory of dyslexia so that you can fully understand what dyslexia is? Would you also like to learn a new approach to working with dyslexic people to assist them to completely overcome their dyslexia?
If ‘Yes’, then we are happy to offer you a FREE One-2-One Dyslexia Coaching session to give you a taste of what our main coaching programme for professionals has to offer.What will my FREE session cover?
During your free session, Antonio Farruggia-Bochnak (our Dyslexia Coach) will introduce himself to you and tell you a bit about his personal experience of dyslexia as well as his professional experience as a Dyslexia Coach.
Antonio will then ask you to tell him a bit about yourself, your professional background and also your experience of working with ‘dyslexic’ children and/or adults.
In addition, Antonio will ask you to describe some of your views about dyslexia – for example, what you think dyslexia is, what causes it, and whether or not you think dyslexia is something that can be overcome completely.
Once Antonio has gained a reasonably clear picture of your views about dyslexia he’ll give you a brief overview of his views of dyslexia. He’ll also share with you some of the things that he discovered about dyslexia whilst doing his doctoral research. To finish the session Antonio will describe his approach to working with dyslexic people to assist them to overcome their dyslexia.
What will further sessions cover?
Within further session Antonio will assist you to:
- explore your current understanding of dyslexia
- evaluate the effectiveness of your current thinking about dyslexia within the context of your practice and its influence on the dyslexic people you work with
- learn his Empowerment Model of Dyslexia (that he developed as part of his PhD studies)
- use his model of dyslexia to make sense of the issues being experienced by the dyslexic people you work with
- learn Antonio’s approach to working with dyslexic people
- learn and develop a number of techniques that you can use to assist the dyslexic people you work with to quickly improve their literacy skills
- learn how to safely guide the dyslexic people through the process of reconceptualising their perception of dyslexia based on the Empowerment Model of Dyslexia
- learn some basic Dyslexia Coach skills so that you can assist the dyslexic people you work with to increase their chances of completely overcoming their dyslexia
As you can see, there’s lot’s to cover within this programme but don’t worry as Antonio will give you an overview of what will be going on at the beginning of each session.
Will there be any homework?
On this programme you will have to do some homework i.e. ‘testing out’ any new thinking that you have taken onboard, new techniques that you have learnt, and, your new approach to working with dyslexic people. If appropriate, most of this can be done within the context of your current practice.
Is this programme intense?
The programme is not that intense but you may find it to be quite challenging especially if you find it difficult change your current perspective of dyslexia.
How many sessions will I need?
As you can see from the list above there is quite a bit to cover within this coaching programme – so, it may take you anywhere between 12 and 24 sessions depending on:
- how you are currently conceptualising dyslexia
- how quickly you can take onboard new ideas and concepts
- how motivated you are to learn a new approach to working with dyslexic people
- how much time you devote to improving your skills and approach in between sessions
The cost of further session depends on how many sessions you book in one go – please see table below for a breakdown of costs:
|Cost for additional
|Cost for block of 4
|Cost for block of 8
|Cost for block of 12
|£80 per session||£280
(£70 per session)
(£60 per session)
(£50 per session)
|$120* per session||$420*
($105* per session)
($90* per session)
($77* per session)
* Prices based on Pounds Sterling (i.e. GBP) therefore the Dollar (USD) rate will be recalculated at the time of booking sessions to reflect the exchange rate.
How can I book my FREE Dyslexia Coaching session?
You can book your free session by giving us a call or by sending us an email. If you send an email then please write ‘Dyslexia Coaching’ in the subject heading so that we can easily spot it amongst all of the other emails we receive each day.