Would you like to be really good at writing essays and doing exams, great at expressing your ideas to others, and able to fully control your dyslexia so that it doesn’t hold you back in achieving the level of education you feel you deserve?
If ‘Yes’, then we are happy to offer you a FREE One-2-One Dyslexia Coaching session to help you begin to achieve this.
What will my FREE session cover?
During your free session, Antonio Farruggia-Bochnak (our Dyslexia Coach) will introduce himself to you and tell you a bit about his personal experience of dyslexia. He will explain how he was barely literate at the age of 18 and how it took him 13 years to teach himself to read and write to a good enough standard to get into university. He’ll also tell you a bit about the research that he’s been doing on dyslexia over the past 10 years as part of his Doctorate studies.
Antonio will then ask you to tell him a bit about your own experience of dyslexia and how you feel it may be holding you back with your studies. For example, you might feel that you are rarely able to express your thinking and ideas to a level that matches how you see them in your head, get really stressed when reading and writing, or dread doing exams.
These sorts of issues can often be deep and difficult to express but don’t worry as Antonio has over 25 years experience as a coach – 10 of which have been spent as a Dyslexia Coach – so he won’t be shocked by the things that you say to him. He’s very empathetic too as he may have experienced similar issues to you whilst he was a student and before he discovered how to overcome his dyslexia.
As well as this, Antonio will ask you to describe some of your views about dyslexia – for example, what you think dyslexia is, what you think causes it, and whether or not you think that dyslexia is something that can be overcome completely.
Once Antonio has gained a clear picture of your views about dyslexia and how it affects your studies he will assist you to come up with a few creative ways for you quickly begin tackling some of the issues that you will have described to him. This means that you will have really got something out of your free session.
What will further sessions cover?
Within further session Antonio will assist you to:
- increase and develop your understanding of dyslexia
- understand his Empowerment Model of Dyslexia (that he developed as part of his PhD studies)
- use his model of dyslexia to make sense of your dyslexia related issues
- learn a number of techniques that you can use to quickly improve your literacy skills
- safely work through the process of reconceptualising your perception of dyslexia based on his Empowerment Model of Dyslexia so that dyslexia does not act as a block to achievement within your psychological processes
- learn how to become your own Dyslexia Coach so that you can confidently tackle and dyslexia related issues that you may experience in the future
- develop a cast-iron resolve and determination to overcome your dyslexia no matter how hard it gets or how long it takes you
- formulate a plan of action that you can follow in your attempts to overcome your dyslexia completely
As you can see, there’s lot’s to cover within each session but don’t worry as Antonio will give you an overview of what will be going on at the beginning of each session.
Will there be any homework?
On this programme you will have to do some homework in between sessions – Antonio will help you to design the homework so that it suits your preferred learning style. He will also make suggestions on how you might be able to practice your new skills on your current homework so that you don’t have to do even more homework than you already are.
Is this programme intense?
This is an extremely intense and challenging programme that will stretch your thinking about dyslexia to the limits, encourage you to explore new ways of looking at your dyslexia related issues, and motivate you to keep on tackling your dyslexia until you have overcome it completely.
How many sessions will I need?
As you can see from the list above there is so much to cover and take within this coaching programme – so, it may take you around12 to 24 sessions depending on:
- how severely your dyslexia is currently impacting on your studies
- how you currently conceptualise your dyslexia
- how quickly you can take onboard new ideas and concepts
- how motivated you are to develop your skills at literacy
- how motivated you are at tacking other issues relating to your dyslexia
- how determined you are to overcome your dyslexia completely
The cost of further session depends on how many sessions you book in one go – please see table below for a breakdown of costs:
|Cost for additional
|Cost for block of 4
|Cost for block of 8
|Cost for block of 12
|£80 per session||£280
(£70 per session)
(£60 per session)
(£50 per session)
|$120* per session||$420*
($105* per session)
($90* per session)
($77* per session)
* Prices based on Pounds Sterling (i.e. GBP) therefore the Dollar (USD) rate will be recalculated at the time of booking sessions to reflect the exchange rate.
How can I book my FREE Dyslexia Coaching session?
You can book your free session by giving us a call or by sending us an email. If you send an email then please write ‘Dyslexia Coaching’ in the subject heading so that we can easily spot it amongst all of the other emails we receive each day.